Monday, August 29, 2011

Don't fix it, just feel it.

Ladies!  I hope you're all doing great, I trust that you are.

By now you should be seeing results from your hard work with Basheerah, she tells me you all can be very proud of the work you're doing.  I'm also hoping you're seeing results from the homework you've been doing as well.  This work was designed to coincide with your workouts to get you in the frame of mind to feel better on the inside as well as the outside.

So for this week, I want to focus on the things that are coming up for you as a result of being challenged.

Often when we endeavor to be stronger people, our roadblocks get stronger too.  That little devil that sits on your shoulder and tells you that you can't accomplish anything is being threatened now, and she wants to LIVE!  So you can bet she's going to do what she can to knock you off balance.

How is she doing it?  That little voice?  That doubt?  That painful memory suddenly re-hashed?  The old excuses creeping back in?  However it shows up, you can bet that the stronger you get, the stronger your  challenges get.

So... what's the best way to fight that little devil on your shoulder?  Let her know this:  "I hear you, I get you, but I'm determined to get better so thank you for sharing, but get out of my way!"  That way you don't need to try to get rid of her - it takes too much energy.

Often we try hard to 'fix' what we think is 'broken' about us.  We fight with our negative side, trying to prove it wrong, but that just wears us out.  Instead, by acknowledging the negative and stepping around it, we can move forward as a product of choice, not desperation to escape the negative!  Make sense?

And when it comes to the emotions that are coming up... go ahead and feel them.  They're real, but they're not happening now, so you can see them, acknowledge them, let them hang out for a while, etc.  But like an over-stayed house guest, eventually you just need to kick them to the curb.

So for this week, I want you to allow the feelings to come, look at them, and then let them go - blessing them, thanking them for sharing, them let them go.  Your past has been held hostage inside of you for far too long, set it free and you will be free too!

Know yourself, don't NO yourself.

4 comments:

  1. This post could not have come at a better time! Been feeling stressed lately and it had me doubting things, but I will take this approach and accept and overcome these challenges! Thanks for the insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well stated! I know you are putting this post up for all the ladies, but I know it personally applies to my life. Thank you for putting things in perspective. Sometimes we think these but when we hear it from another person, it really sinks in! Wish you were here so we could chat it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days I can be a tired,emotional, stressed out wreck and after a good workout I still feel tired but recharged and happy. I'm learning new ways to deal with things and so excited to see where this journey takes me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, THANK YOU! I really needed this post. There are times that I'm so emotional that I get chest pains. I sweat the small stuff but I'm learning that it's not worth my time. I also hope that we get to chat with you soon.

    ReplyDelete