Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Homework Week Two

Hi Ladies,

I trust that Basheerah and the crew are keeping you all busy and sweaty!  Congratulations on staying with it and working hard on yourselves!

I'm sure all of you have completed your first week's homework and you all should have your journals now.  If you don't, get one and put your first week's homework in there.  GET IT DONE before doing this week's!

Okay, so for this week, the focus is on letting go of the past.

1.  PICK ONE TIME EARLLY IN YOUR LIFE  THAT YOU FEEL IS SO DRAMATIC ENOUGH OF A NEGATIVE MEMORY THAT IT HAS KEPT YOU FROM BELIEVING YOU COULD SUCCEED.  You already know this story, because you still tell it all the time.  Write down every detail of that story in your journal.  Write what happened, and also how what happened made you feel - the emotional impact it had on you, the emotions you felt as a result of what happened.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2.  Write an opposite wish from the story that holds you back, such as: "I wish I could be happier"; or "I want to have more time to myself" or something that you believe would make your life better.

Have fun with the exercise and leave nothing out!  Save this all in your journals!

Know yourself, don't NO yourself!

Coach Steve

2 comments:

  1. These homework assignments are quite cleansing and ideal coping vehicles. As the 5am class witnessed, today was tough for me. As I retreated home to I curl up with one of my favorite authors, Marianne Williamson, I reflected on one of my favorite reads:
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
    Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
    We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?”
    Actually, who are you not to be?
    We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
    And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
    For years this has helped me. Perhaps if you have a tough Boot Camp experience as I did, words like this may also help. We are doing great things SportyGirls – Great things. Thank you for listening.

    ReplyDelete